10 July 2013

YARN!!!

This weekend, my wonderful husband is off on a snow boarding weekend
 
He leaves on Friday and comes back on Monday
 
What will I do without him? Dye yarn of course!
 
I've got my acid dyes
 
I've got my 8ply and 10ply yarn (thats DK, Worsted/Aran to some of you)
 
I know 8ply yarn doesn't acutally have 8 individual plys but thats what's printed on the yarn tags!
 
It's very hard to find a yarn like super bulky when nothing you search through at your LYS has that written on the tag!
 
So if you're ever in a Ravelry chat room thingie and someone says "can I use 8ply" don't reply with "the ply has nothing to do with it" - because to us, it does! It really really does!
 
To make things easier for me when I'm in the yarn store, I am going to start carrying around a universal pocket card and go off the needle sizes too
 
Anyway, my point is:
I have my dyes
I have my yarn
 
I'm ready to go!
(provided I can find a large pot tomorrow/Friday)
 
Wanna see my yarn?
 
Oooh squishy!
 
 
 
Now to start unravelling it all.....
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, exciting! Really looking forward to seeing the finished results! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its all done now and hanging up to dry! Post to come soon

      Delete