10 April 2013

Hat Marathon Update

Okay so I've given up on hats
 
I made four hats
 
There are only so many hats you can make before a pair of mittens jumps out at you and screams "Make MEEEEeeee!!!!"
 
I still need to get rid of all those teeny tiny balls of scraps, but a wise co-worker said "why not make a hot water bottle cover with stripes or something?"
 
So that's what I shall do (after I make the one I purchased more yarn for only yesterday)
 
I have a few things on my 'to make' list
 
1. A pair of hand-warmers which are cast on and in progress. 
 
2. A hot water bottle requested by my sister-in-law - I'll have to make this twice, because I want one too
 
3. A case for my iPad. As simple as these are, I can't just whip up a knitted one like with my crochet.
I'm not creative that way with knitting and I just cannot figure out my own pattern!
I just don't feel like I know what I'm doing yet... still waiting for that lightbulb moment...
 
4. Zeg Wamers - because who does't want to dress like a ballerina and wear these over pants?
And to put it quite simply, scare the bejebus out of their husband because they aren't allowed to buy a onesie...
 
5. Slippers. I have one on my queue, but I'm not sure they're 'the ones' yet. Still deciding.
 
6. A Cowl for my Bestie. I made three of these last year and they are very, very easy to make. I'm thinking of making the Big Herringbone Cowl because it looks like the stitch would be really hard but I'm sure its actually very easy. Its going to be one of those "Did you MAKE THAT???" moments.
I told her about it so now I have to make it. I've got until September so depending on my knitting speed, this might jump the queue
 
Since I have the patience of a ... wait, I have no patience! I had to go and take new pictures of my four hats
 
A newborn hat
Cashmere. Mmmmm
 
 
A child sized hat
I think I'll give this to my niece. Miss 7
 
 Hermoine's Hat (yes, you read that correctly)
I'm keeping this one for myself. Its made out of Alpaca and is so squishy and soft!
 
Tamora Hat
Stolen by Mum
(pic with her wearing it is closer to the actual colour)
 
I still have to make more hats for Husband's young cousins, but the colours they want are not the colours of my stash in a large enough quantity so they'll have to wait
 
Or I'll just go and buy some new yarn tomorrow....
 
And screw up my queue order
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment