18 March 2012

Scones!!!

I've never been able to make scones
Never
Ever

I think thats my one kryptonite 

Oh how I loathe making scones

Not because of the scones, but how my scones turn out

Imagine pancakes and you get the general idea....

If scones were on those FAIL email forwards, mine would feature 

So my monthly gardening magazine turned up
( yes there is a point to this )
and what do you know, they taunt me with their
 'Never-Fail Scones' recipe

Hahaha I laughed at the page, never fail? Well I'll show you!!!

So there I was, thinking I was wasting ingrediants but putting them into the bowl anyway
4C Self-Raising Flour
300ml Cream
1 Can of Lemonade

I put them all in together, stirred it up, put it on the bench, rolled it out, used the cookie cutter thingie and put them in the oven and set the timer for 12 minutes ( on 200 degrees celsius )

Oh the shock
( Oh the horror?? )

They laughed in my face!
Look Becky, we're rising
Nah nah nah nah nah!!!!!

I don't think I've ever been so happy to be proven wrong!

I can now proudly say 'yes, I'll make scones for lunch'

why???
BECAUSE I CAN!!!!

And the proof, is in the picture

and here's a pic of the back of the scones


2 comments: